Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Thanksgiving Dessert Brainstorming





Thanksgiving has always been for me, a time that you spend with family, having that last piece of dessert that you probably shouldn't have had, some passing out while watching football and others laughing at the table about old stories. My role in preparing the Thanksgiving feast is always the dessert, I usually go for lemon themed ones, they're great for a daytime desserts...not too heavy, but I thought about switching it up this time. My first thought was pecan pie, and I found an amazing recipe with salted caramel, but I know I'll end up eating most of it, so, I'll probably just daydream about it. I'll probably go with the Bruleed Pumpkin Pie, it sounds super decadent, and I've never done this before, but a Chocolate Pie is rather tempting. I'm obviously not 100% decided, but I'm getting there... and I'll probably test-bake the recipe I choose, I wouldn't want a dessert disaster the night before. Do you already have a recipe?

Let me know!

Xo,
Flor






El día de acción de gracias, es uno que siempre paso en familia, comiéndonos ese último pedazo de pastel que probablemente no debíamos, otros quedándose dormidos mientras veían "football" y otros riéndose en la mesa contando historias. Siempre me toca el postre cuando viene al menú de acción de gracias y casi siempre escojo uno de limón. Pienso que son perfectos para el día ya que caen "light", pero estoy pensando cambiar la rutina para este año. Lo primero que se me ocurrió fue un "pecan pie" pero la verdad es, probablemente me lo comeré casi completo, así que mejor no. Encontré esta receta de "Bruleed Pumpkin Pie" que parece ser divina y algo que nunca he intentado, pero la idea de uno de chocolate me sigue tentando también. No estoy 100% segura de qué receta escogeré, pero estoy llegando a ella, probablemente intentaré la receta antes para evitar cualquier problema. ¿Saben ustedes que receta usarán? 

¡Me dejan saber!

Xo,
Flor





Thought this would be nice to have before the food and after, as a treat. 


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic ideas for special days
    Thanks for visit my blog. I´m following you via twitter, bloglovin and g+

    XX
    http://buildingmynewbody.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg so yummy! x
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg I wanna some


    Lots of Love
    Ewelina
    xxxxxxxxxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete