Thursday, August 22, 2013

Snickerdoodles

I have the fondest childhood memories of these delicious cookies, which I used to eat at a friends house. With time the idea of Snickerdoodles had escaped my mind and I had forgotten all about them, I don't know if it's because they're really not common in Puerto Rico or because other cookies are more prominent, but I just couldn't remember them. I found them again one day at Quiznos and couldn't believe it, the taste and smell of them filled my mind, but they didn't taste the same... So, yesterday while I was searching different recipes I found them again and decided that I would try and make them and here it is! This recipe makes pretty thin cookies, which would be the perfect compliment for ice-cream, and even more so if they're warm or right out of the oven! All I can say is that traditional baking rules do apply, I burnt my first batch by leaving it unattended for like 5 minutes, so be very watchful, besides that the results are great! Hope you try this recipe!

Let me know what you think!

Xo
Flor







Snickerdoodles

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Steps
Heat oven to 400F. Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, shortening and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 mins or until set. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment